Money paid into this account is reserved for families who need assistance paying future school tuition. To apply for financial aid please go to the accounting office or see below for online application.
To donate toward financial aid:
Mail a donation to the NUI accounting office at
4137 Route 1 South
Monmouth Junction, NJ 08852
We strongly encourage those who will not need assistance to participate in the other half of the Helping Hands Program. Contribute as much as possible, and encourage your family and friends to make a tax deductible donation towards financial aid.
If you would like to donate to help other families receive needs based financial aid, then please send a check today, with Financial Aid in the memo line, to the NUI accounting office.
In this way, members of our community can directly lend a Helping Hand to other children from our community, and know that these tax deductible donations are responsible for making the next generation of Muslim leaders in America.
To Apply for Financial Aid:
NUI TUITION ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
FOR MIDDLE INCOME FAMILIES
Noor-Ul-Iman School is committed to finding ways to help keep tuition affordable for NUI families. A Noor-Ul-Iman education represents an investment in your child’s future, and we recognize that choosing an independent school education requires a significant commitment to financial planning.
Financial aid & grants are critical to both the mission and the culture of Noor-Ul-Iman. The school spends more than 10 percent of the operating budget on ensuring tuition remains affordable for the community. The Financial Aid Committee distributes the limited funds among the families who apply for assistance based on the recommendations provided by an independent review organization.
This year a pool of $120,000 has been allocated for providing grants to qualifying middle income families with students in KG through 12th grade to be used to reduce tuition. Please note that this program is separate from the Helping Hands financial aid program for low income households and families impacted by a crisis.
Grants to offset a limited portion of the tuition will be awarded first to those families showing the most need and will be awarded in decreasing amounts until the pool of $120,000 is exhausted. Families meeting the following criteria are encouraged to apply:
- Total income under $100,000 and three or more children in the school;
- Total income under $60,000 and two or more children in the school; and
- Total income under $40,000 and one or more children in the school.
It should be noted that the actual grant amount may vary from applicant to applicant based on the need and available grant money, and that NUI School does not guarantee awarding a grant to all applicants.
The Application Process
- Complete the attached Noor-Ul-Iman Application for Grant Form and submit the form to Mohamed Nusrath in the Accounting Office at the time of registration. This will initiate the grant application file at Noor-Ul-Iman.
- Submit Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) by accessing “Website for Parents and Families” at org. The school code is 4385. Applicants for grants must fill out the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS), which asks parents to share information about their financial circumstances and the amount they are prepared to pay toward their child’s education, by Saturday, April 30, 2016.
- School & Student Services (SSS) is an independent review organization, which is offered by the National Association of Independent Schools representing more than 1,400 independent schools and associations in the United States. SSS provides services for objective, third-party financial aid needs assessment for the applicants. The results will be directly sent to Noor-Ul-Iman School. There will be a nonrefundable fee of $39 for each application. Families will be granted an application fee waiver (upon their request) if both parents’ combined income is less than $50,000.
The committee will notify families about their grants in the mid-May timeframe. Any applicant who does not complete the process by the Saturday, April 30, 2016 deadline will lose the right to appeal their financial aid award. All information is kept in confidence. Awards are granted in the spring and are for one school year only.
Please note that the parent contribution suggested by SSS is a recommendation. Ultimate responsibility for awarding financial aid rests with NUI’s Financial Aid Committee.
If you need any further information on the tuition grant program or Helping Hands financial aid, contact Br. Nusrath in the accounting office at 732-329-1800 ext. 301.